How to Choose a Good Domain Name?
Choosing a domain name for your site is one of the most important steps towards creating the perfect internet presence. One of the first things you need to do when launching a new online business is choose a good domain name for your website. Your domain name is the center of your Internet identity and its very important.
Keep it short because people need to be able to remember it and your domain names can only use letters, numbers, and dashes. Spaces and symbols are not allowed. There are many different extensions available right now for example .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org etc. For businesses, I recommend .com because If a visitor is surfing around looking for a site, and they know its name, As visitors reach your site and enjoy using it, they will likely tell others people about your site. And those people may tell others, etc. most people will try .com. So, for the web site owner who wants their site to be found, if possible try to get a .com name. If you can’t lay your hands on a .com domain name, look for a .net domain name.
Three Main SEO Factors:
1, Domain Name / Brand
3, Related Backlinks
SEOs release the value of keywords and scan websites and sort results based on key words. Key words are words that a person visiting a search engine actually search on. When deciding to register your domain name try combining the lessons of SEO, branding and domaining. Search Engines take a good look at the words in your domain name when deciding what your website or blog is about and how to rank it.
Some Important Tips:
- Choose your domain name that includes at least one keyword that relates to the content on your site.
- Avoid Copyright Infringement (for example, Google, McDonalds).
- If the .com is available for registration, go ahead and get it
- Use relevant keyword for your content
- Google Keyword Tool will help you for find out good Keyword.
- Try to make Make unique domain name
- Make it Easy to Remember. If you can easily remember a domain name after hearing it just once then there is a good chance that you have found a memorable domain name.
- Keep the Name as Short and easy to spell as Possible
- Avoid long hyphenated URLs
- If possible, do not use hyphens and numerical characters.
- I recommend sticking with domain names that are no longer than 20 characters or so.
Finally, I believe that a good domain name is an important success factor in building and launching consumer web services. Having good keywords as part of your domain name can help you to get better results.