Write A Successful Cover Letter
Cover letter is an important part of presenting a job application together with a resume which is attached to a cover letter. A perfect cover letter summarizes your strong points and make the employer see you as a good candidate for the position before they have even read the rest of your resume.
When applying for a job a cover letter should be sent or posted with your resume. If you are not sure what to write, review these cover letter samples. you may not win any awards for the cover letter that you enclose to your resume, but you may increase your odds it actually getting read, if you follow a few simple steps.
- Address the letter to a specific person. If you don’t know who handles the resumes, call the company to find the name and title of the person who is doing the hiring.
- Composing a cover letter is a simple method as long as you keep in mind some of the fundamentals of how to write cover letter
- However one should be careful regarding the usage of “Ms.” and “Mrs.” particularly in cases where you are not sure of the marital status of an individual.
- Draw attention to the items in your CV
- Introduce yourself.
- Say why you want that particular job – with that particular employer.
- Finally indicate your positive attributes – emphasising those that are most relevant to the vacancy.
- Keep copies of all letters sent – when you get an interview it is very useful to know what you have written. It also makes the next letter easier to write. For example click here
You must avoid this following faults:
- The letter is dirty, creased or has untidy corrections.
- The tone of the letter is too informal or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The letter is too long – or contains irrelevant information.
- The letter fails to contain essential information.
- The letter contains spelling or grammatical errors.
- The letter is hand written.
- The letter is poorly formatted.
It is also always worth checking over a covering letter before sending it,as there were silly errors such as spelling mistakes or the covering letter written for a different placement.