The Power Of Failure “Learn From Your Mistakes”
One of the most fundamental aspects of personal growth and self-improvement is knowing how to effectively learn from mistakes.
Life is a learning experience and each failure is a step toward success. Nobody likes making mistakes but the secret is to learn something new from your mistakes. You must also realize that mistakes are an essential part of self improvement.
Always remember that, The error of the past is the wisdom of the future. Accept your mistakes and promise yourself to do better next time. There is no harm in making mistakes, it is an essential part for our life of going forward. It is a challenge to accept responsibility and acknowledge.
If you go through life afraid to make a small mistake, you’ll spend most of your time doing absolutely nothing so, don’t waste time trying to justify your mistakes.
However, there is a problem; or rather, three problems:-
- Our subconscious mind is trying to protect our ego, to save face and we don’t admit we made a mistake. It’s our natural habit, not to admit we made a mistake. Actually it’s more likely that we can’t believe we made a mistake. So we just don’t admit we made a mistake. Big mistake.
- Either subconsciously, or worse still consciously, we try to conceal or minimize our mistake.
- And third problem is blame.
Learning from mistakes requires four things:
- Take time to look into the mistakes that you made. You need to understand the underlying reason.
- Having the self-confidence to admit to them.
- Putting yourself in situations where you can make interesting mistakes.
- Being courageous about making changes
Dale Carnegie said, “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.”
Success comes from innovation. Innovation is doing new things in different ways. You will make mistakes along the way, but winning simply requires learning from them and changing the way you do things.
Finally, Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience. So, personally deal with your mistakes.
- There’s no easy answer on how to learn from your mistakes that will work every time because there are many kinds of mistakes like stupid, simple, involved, complex etc.
- The more interesting the mistakes, the more interesting the life. If your biggest mistakes are buying the lottery ticket, missing reruns of Tv-shows you’re not challenging yourself enough to earn more interesting mistakes.